November 4, 2019
Podcasts and the 5 Paragraph Essay!
But first, let’s share our Lede Lines.
5 to 10 minutes
Editorial Essay or Opinion-based Article (5 paragraph structure)
- Intro Paragraph
- Body Paragraphs
- Best fact to back up your opinion
- Second Best Fact to Back Up your opinion
- Third best fact to back up your opinion
- Closing paragraph
- Restate Thesis
- Closing thought
Guest Speaker: Jude Brewer from “Storytellers Telling Stories” and his new podcast “Storybound.”
- Choose a topic you can commit to.
- Radio Theatre?
- Define your show description and artwork.
- Set up and thoroughly test your equipment.
- Create a plan for your episodes.
- Record your episodes.
- Edit and publish your episodes.
- Launch your podcast to your audience.
Start an outline of a 5 paragraph essay. Choose something in the news today. Come up with an opinion on that topic. That is your thesis. Find three facts that support that thesis. That’s it.
Think about what you want our podcast. Come back Monday with ideas.